From 24th of February to the 26th of February, you will have the opportunity to visit the " Forum Gastronomic '13 in Girona. . It's the first gastronomic congress.
In 1999 it was created in Vic, and then they decided to move the congress to Girona.
From 2008, this congress also is celebrated in Santiago de Compostela.
The Congress is a way of knowing new thecnics of cooking, enjoy the ways of cooking of different chefs, sommeliers, wine experts...
A hudge variety of chefs, experts, wine experts, patries chefs ( Carme Ruscalleda, Isma Prados...) craftmen... will take place in this Congress.
It's a place where you can interact with different proffesionals of the gastronomic sector, exchange ideas and products, and also do different activities like for example:
- Audience sessions : a place where you can listen to different professionals talk about new ideas and ways of cooking. The entrance is free
- Culinary workshops: different sessions with demostrations and tastings
- Active Class: especialization sessions with demostrations and tastings too.
- Kids: gastronomic workshops for children. Especially to learn how to manipulate food.
- "Ateneo": tastings, demostrations and presentations about new ideas. The different speakers would present different products and ideas.
- Cornellà Coffe's: a palce to deliver and opine about different gastronomic topics.
Many companies participate every year in this Congress.
* Entry: 10 € without including the different workshops, there is only included the attendance to the different presentations.
* Culinary workshops: 20 €
* Active Class: 25 €
* Wine Forum: 20 €
* Sweet Forum : 20 €
* Kids session: 6 €
Palau de Fires de Girona
So do you think that it is a good chance for all the people who are interested in Gastronomy, to know more about this topic?
And what do you think about the Barcelona Mobile World Congress?
We think that, although it's not related with gastronomy, it's related with tourism. Many tourists and professionals are now in Barcelona just to join this experience, and this will help a lot the gastronomic, the tourist and the Hotel sector.